A Distinctive Opportunity
We designed the Knight-Hennessy Scholars admission process with the goals of allowing you to know yourself better, enabling us to understand you, and empowering you to make your best case for admission — all while making the application process itself a great experience for you.
You must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program. Please determine which Stanford graduate program you will apply to pursue as you will be asked for that information in the Knight-Hennessy Scholars application.
- Step 1: Start your online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and prepare application requirements. (Tip: Ask your recommenders early.)
- Step 2: Submit the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars by October 14, 2019, 1:00 PM Pacific Time. (Note: You will not be able to edit once you submit your application.)
- Step 3: If necessary, update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars through your application status page. Upload video by December 9, 2020 through the link provided on your application status page. (Note: The status page is visible only after you submit your application.)
- Separately: Prepare and submit the application for the Stanford graduate program you are interested in pursuing by its deadline. Visit the website of the program you are interested in for its application deadline, program requirements, and any fees. Pay close attention to any deadline specific to Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, as it may differ from the standard deadline for that program.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars talk about why they decided to apply.
Again, you must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate program of choice.
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via our online application. We do not accept materials sent via email or postal mail.
- We highly recommend that you apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- For reference only, here is a PDF sample of the application for the autumn 2021 intake.
Scholars give tips on the application.
Last updated May 24, 2020