The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application process allows you to make your case for selection by demonstrating independence of thought, purposeful leadership, and a civic mindset.
We designed the Knight-Hennessy Scholars admission process with two goals: to first help you better know yourself — what you have done, who you are now, and what you aspire to do in the future — and to then help us know you better. We greatly enjoy reading your application materials, and we hope you will find inspiration, clarity, and reflection as you prepare them.
You must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application will require you to indicate the Stanford graduate degree program(s) to which you will apply.
- Step 1: Start your online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and prepare application requirements. (Tip: Ask your recommenders early.)
- Step 2: Submit the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the deadline. (Note: You will not be able to edit once you submit your application, with the exception of test scores and recommenders)
- Step 3: If necessary, update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars through your application status page.
- Separately: Prepare and submit all parts of your Stanford graduate degree program application by its deadline. Visit the program website to confirm its application deadline, program requirements, and any fees. Please review deadlines carefully as they vary by degree program, and some programs specify a separate application deadline specifically for Knight-Hennessy Scholars applicants
Again, you must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via our online application. We do not accept materials sent via email or postal mail.
- We highly recommend that you apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- For reference only, here is a PDF sample of the application for the autumn 2022 intake.
Scholars give tips on the application.
Last updated July 27, 2021